Thursday, January 15, 2009

"We are all going down..."

I couldn't help but think of Laurie Anderson, deadpanning the words of a calm pilot in the face of disaster, as I see TV clips of a commercial flight landing (safely!) on (in?) the Hudson River. Oh, New York City, you always have such amazing stories to tell!

As for me, it's been a day. Things got done, choices have been made (good ones, I think, though I won't go into detail here) and the momentum of the new year remains strong. And as we watch the lame duck waddle into the sunset, I say yea.

But we're here for the music, so I drop by briefly to add two new Post previews to the assembled archives:

Dave Ihmels (local singer/songwriter) at FireFlies

Bill Emerson and Sweet Dixie (bluegrass) at Holy Cross Lutheran Church.

I have an exit strategy - Say my piece and get out.

1 comment:

John blogs from a bog said...

Wow, a review of Bill Emerson. I'm jealous of my cousins living in warm VA with bluegrass and all. And I bet it is warmer there too! I get my Bluegrass rations by listening to http://bluegrasscountry.organd here is the rub, I could listen to it on terrestial radio down Reston VA (and repeating, it is probably warmer there too!). In the 60's you could hear Joe Val and Charles River boys in Boston. I miss that.