Sunday, January 18, 2009

Waiting for a Lame Duck to Waddle Away

I am preparing a tally of a new batch of used CDs and the tale of a visit from one half of the late and lamented indie wonders Troubled Hubble, but right now I'm watching Saturday Night Live and marveling at how great Fleet Foxes sound, and how nervous they look (maybe this is really Frightened Rabbit?). And sloppy, too. It's not that I mind that guy bands wear jeans and don't comb their hair, but any woman who appears on a live musical stage has got to look sleek, polished, clean and great half-naked or she will not be allowed to get on that stage in the first place.

Sorry, I just had to get that out. And I still blame Madonna.

But generally, I'm in a fine mood, awaiting the new era. Here's a fun email invite I got recently:


No reason; I just dig the graphic.

No comments: