Thursday, January 31, 2008

Stuff I Wrote, Now with More Cowbell!

It's my week again at the Washington Post, meaning I have preview stories running in the regional editions for Fairfax and Arlington/Alexandria counties.

This week in Fairfax, I had fun with the cow-bella (I've got a fever, too!)
Blue Oyster Cult
.
In the A/A Extra, it was a more straightforward piece on a local acoustic duo, Gaylor & Katsu.

Catching up with the recent past, here's
Sarah Lee Guthrie and Johnny Irion
from the A/A section and, from Fairfax, local blues acts
Mary Shaver, the Smokin' Polecats and others
.

There's about a baker's dozen CDs to be tallied, so I hope to return soon. If not later today, then tomorrow, when I hope to have live shots of a new favorite regional band, the pop-tastic Sparky's Flaw, appearing tonight at Jammin Java.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi -- were you a writer for Trouser Press magazine? If so, I was just reading a Joan Armatrading piece you wrote in 1980. I was doing research for a Goldmine feature on something else, and going through my back issues.

Oddly, I found your blog trying to dig up info on Jeremy Fisher today and realized you might be the same Marianne Meyer.

TP was my favorite mag in high school and I bought up almost all the back issues a few years ago.

Nice work in TP 28 years ago, if it was you.

Marianne said...

yes, that was me in Trouser Press and I remember that interview with Armatrading well. She was a tough cookie. Not mean, but very much on her guard.
Thanks for the kind words.
Trouser Press still has an active web site, full of the same spirit we loved Back In The Day.
Hope you'll come back to CPF soon!