Saturday, December 29, 2007

The Race Continues

Gotta keep hammering...
Let’s start with a round-up of all the new Christmas Booty:

1. The NEW AMSTERDAMS – At the Feet of My Rival (Elmar/Curb Appeal)
Bought by me for College Girl, who requested that she get some actual CDs! Seems that even the hip youngsters like the feel of old skool jewel cases to go with their downloads.
2. SWEENEY TODD – Original Broadway Cast (LuPone, Cerveris) (Nonesuch)
3. SWEENEY TODD – Original Film Soundtrack (Depp, Bonham Carter)(Nonesuch)
College Girl gave me both versions of the score since she knows I’m a huge Sondheim fan, have the original Broadway run in both CD and LP (signed by Lansbury and Cariou) form. The film version is a store-bought, and she burned a copy of the revival from her iTunes purchases. So much music, so much blood!
4. BABEL – Original Film Soundtrack (Concord)
High School Girl, god bless ‘er, remembered that I’ve been looking for this soundtrack ever since being knocked out by the film. I was surprised to see that it is, actually, a double CD, spanning the globe with great sounds. There is one theme in particular that breaks my heart, just as the film did.
5. DAVID BYRNE – The Knee Plays (Nonesuch)
From me to Hubby, a callback to a great time in our young married lives, and a piece of music that still sounds great.
6. RUFUS WAINWRIGHT – Rufus Does Judy at Carnegie Hall (Geffen)
From HSG to dad, although we’re all psyched to her it.

DVDs
7. The BEATLES – Help! (Capitol/Apple)
Picked it up for $18 at the Costco, as a gift for the whole house. Still not sure why that “deluxe” box is worth over $100. Seems like a (not)cheap way to milk Beatles fans.
8. JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE – Futuresex/Loveshow (JIVE/Zomba)
From Hubby to me, with a tag marked “for your fantasies.” OK.
9. ONCE – (20th Century Fox)
Also from Hubby to me. A film I’ve wanted to see since I heard it was a) a musical b) set in Dublin.

Oh, yeah. And I forgot to add that 10. GrandVist boxed Christmas set - and bonus disc - a copy of which is still up for grabs to the first reader who leaves a Grinch reference in the comments section.

YTD O/CD Tally: 887

No comments: