Tuesday, July 28, 2009

The Other Blog

Dear CPF Blog 2009,
I know it's been awhile, and I can see why you feel I've been neglecting you lately. We've been together a long time and you deserve an explanation. It's not that I don't care about you, and I don't want things to end between us, but you see, there's been...a complication.
I've been seeing another blog.
Well, it's not actually a blog. It's almost like a job. This rich newspaper guy has started an online service and he's inviting writers to sign up and submit stories, picking a topic - mine is Digital Music - and then posting on a regular basis to build up traffic to the larger site.
What we have here is all about love, baby. You know that.
But this other blog...there's money involved. Not a lot. At least not now, but there's a chance that, if people like the idea and visit often, it might turn into something.

And just so you know that what we have together is truly special, I want to lay it all out on the table, so you can see where I've been. Here are the first 10 stories I've posted elsewhere...
Japancakes
Awesome New Republic
Amazon music samplers
Lily Allen, remixed
Lollapalooza CD
Owl City
Flaming Lips
R.E.M. live EP
Sonos
Coldplay live CD

See? It's not like it is between you and me.
Nothing has changed between us, dearest CPF blog, and I know we still have many great times to come.
But for now, I hope you will forgive me if I sometimes appear a little distracted and don't always seem like I'm there for you. I'll make it up to you, dear blog.

P.S. And just so you know, I've been tested. No viruses.

No comments: