Friday, July 17, 2009

Quick 1's and 0's

It's all about the digital stuff these days. There's so much actual live music I should be recapping here - Wilco (so good!) and a multi-act bill at Jammin' Java last week and the Mid-Atlantic Band Battle, also at J2 just the past two days.

But I'm pressed for time right now, so I'll just provide a few links.

First, the latest Washington Post previews, which went out today.
In the Arlington/Alexandria Extra section, we have:
Big Bad Voodoo Daddy at the Birchmere
and in the Fairfax Extra, there's:
The Woodshedders at McLean Park

And, if you're the type who notices even minor changes, you might have seen the little notice on the top right of this page, asking you to visit my new online digital music column.

I've just started writing a regular thing, three times a week (or more; it's up to me) for examiner.com, an online group associated with the Examiner newspaper chain. I have the fancypants title of Digital Music Examiner and my aim is to point people to cool digital-only music and to legal downloads, esp. those that promote new artists. And I'm free to roam around other topics, too, provided there's some type of digital hook.

Please visit my home page and take a look at my first few stories. Even better, subscribe (just give an email eddress) and you'll get a quick email whenever I post a new story (I am spam; spam I am?) but no other junk. Unlike this blog, done for the sheer love of it, there's actual money involved in the new column. Not much yet, maybe never, but every hit helps the cause.

And please feel free to point me to cool online music sites, good music that is free and legal to download, or interesting news of the Brave New Digital, Musical World.

More anon!

No comments: