Friday, February 18, 2011

Once More Into the (Judging) Breach

Tonight, I'll be back at the judges table at Jammin' Java for the final round of the fourth Mid-Atlantic Band Battle and since our resident "dreamboat" host, Nate Ihara, is very good at mentioning the web site in his judge introductions, I felt I'd better put up something new to let y'all know that, yes, indeed, CPF is open for action. I've actually been pretty busy with another web project that will be going online in the next few weeks, but I can say no more at the moment.

For now though, here are two recent things that have gone interwebal in the recent past. The first is a new outlet, Citystream DC, which is very much like Citysearch DC, not only in nominal similarity but in how it's looking to cover the same local content. And it has the same editor as well. Much like my weekly concert roundup for the 'search, I am giving the 'stream a listing of upcoming shows, this time in a thingy we're calling The Next Ten Days...

Meanwhile, back at examiner-land, I posted a photo gallery from an intimate promo show given by R&B star Raphael Saadiq...

Since I opened my last posting with a gripe about getting caught in the awful snowstorm-induced "carmeggedon" of a few weeks ago, I feel obliged to mention that today was an absolutely Bee-Yoo-Tee-Ful day. I know that spring isn't yet here to stay, but it was certainly lovely to get outside and feel some sun.

That's all for now. It's off to the Battle. If you've come here on Nate's recommendation, I hope it will be the start of a nice relationship and yes, I will post photos from the event ASAP.

No comments: