Sunday, January 23, 2011

We Now Return to Our Regulary (?) Scheduled Blog

Ah......I exist again.

A little over a week ago, just as I was in the midst of judging the Jammin Java Battle of the Bands, where the CPF site was mentioned repeatedly over the course of three nights, leading to more traffic than I've seen here in quite a while, the site disappeared. This was the result of my renewing the domain name and, while doing so, transferring to a new domain service where I made mistakes in resetting the DNS. (And if that makes sense to you, you're much more of a geek than I am.)

I watched in horror (well, disappointment) as closepersonalfriend.com seemed to evaporate. I knew the bits (bytes) and pieces of it still existed somewhere on the web, but I couldn't get the URL to connect to the material. It's the first time that has happened in five + years of doing this blog and I was surprised to realize how much it means to me to have CPF out there where people (all six of you?) can see it.

I had resigned myself to another day of dealing with GoDaddy customer service (their commercials suck, but the people on the phone are lovely; I don't blame them for my error) but then, a friend who came to dinner this evening was kind enough to answer my call for help and found the key to making it all work again. Hurrah for Mark!

CPF is back, baby! Better late than never, I hope, I will post the remaining photos from the Battle.
In the meantime, here's my ballot for the Village Voice Pazz & Jop Poll (I'll tell you more about my choices soon).

Thanks, as ever, for stopping by.

No comments: