Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Four Shows in One Week. Not Bad.

One week ago tonight, I was at the lovely Sixth & I Synagogue for a show by Airborne Toxic Event, an LA-based quintet that is in the midst of a short "acoustic" (actually, they were plugged and plenty loud) tour with a string quartet. It was one of the shows I had touted in my weekly column for Citysearch DC - along with Blondie, The Dirty Projectors and others - which led to a pair of tickets from the publicist, which led to attending/greatly enjoying the show, which led to the following photo gallery:
The Airborne Toxic Event at Sixth & I Historic Synagogue, September 7 - Washington DC concert photography | Examiner.com

Hubby and I just got back from a four-night stay at the Grand Hyatt Hotel in DC. He had to work at his annual convention, but I got to play, exploring the city by day and going to shows at night. It became a 3-day weekend of 9:30 Club outings:
Saturday - The Kin, The Bigger Lights, Honor by August
Sunday - The Young Friends, The Drums, Surfer Blood
Monday - Janelle Monae, Of Montreal
and I took pictures at all of them, got set lists from a few.

So, after a period of recovery, mails snail and e-, unpacking, laundry and such, I will be back with more.

No comments: