Friday, October 17, 2008

Not Much.

Just some links.

Is it me, or is Chris Martin's voice shot? I'm watching Saturday Night Live while I prepare this post and he seems to be having trouble projecting much at all, let alone hitting the high notes. Coldplay is set to play DC on Halloween night, but these performances don't bode well for that show.

So, to bizniz - I'm gonna be lame and simply toss up some recent Washington Post links to prove that I'm still alive. And, where applicable (fun word, that), add the accompanying CDs to the Tally.
BTW, those Mushroom and Swiss commercials are such a blatant rip-off of Flight of the
Conchords; When will our delightful New Zealand folkies return?

David Davis and the Warrior River Boys at Holy Cross Church

Lucy Kaplansky, Allegheny Uprising at Church of the Resurrection
1.LUCY KAPLANSKY - Over The Hills (Red House)

Amy Rigby & Wreckless Eric at Jammin’ Java
2.AMY RIGBY & WRECKLESS ERIC - self-titled (Stiff)

Alternate Routes at IOTA Club and Cafe
3.The ALTERNATE ROUTES - The Watershed EP (Vanguard)

Johnny Flynn and the Sussex Wit at the Birchmere

In thinking ahead to the show, I picked up
4.LAURA MARLING – S/T (Astralwerks)
and, at the show, I bought Post College Girl the beautifully designed
5., 6.JOHNNY FLYNN – A Larum (Lost Highway)
12" vinyl LP version, presented in cool deluxe gatefold style ($17).
I'm counting this title twice, as I also received a CD of the commercially released CD. Add in the advance CD and a few 7" vinyl singles that PCG ordered from overseas, and we've got a freakin' lot of Flynn! (And I still haven't figured out if anyone wlll reimburse me for the $100+ phone call to England to do the interview with him for the story.)

Hmmmm...Chris Martin must have heard me talking about him...Coldplay's third (!) song on SNL was a pretty strong version of "Yellow."


Music Builds: Jars of Clay, Switchfoot et al. at Nissan Pavilion
The Motels at The State Theatre

O/CD Tally Year-to-Date: 166

No comments: