Tuesday, November 06, 2007

"I Hate My Frickin' ISP"

Todd Rundgren sang the lyric, but I'm living the tale, since Comcast hasn't yet fixed whatever's keeping my web site from appearing when you type the URL.
Sigh.
I'm thisclose to switching to Verizon FIOS.
Gonna hold back on the CMJ report and instead shout into the void with a list of CDs that are collecting dust. It's not because I don't like 'em (many I haven't heard yet) but I'm falling behind in the tally so let's blow 'em off and pretend something got accomplished.

1.VOODOO GLOW SKULLS – Southern California Street Music (Victory)
2. CASSIUS – 15 Again (Astralwerks)
3. INFORMATION SOCIETY – Synthesizer (Dancing Ferret Discs)
4. ROBERT PLANT and ALISON KRAUSS – Raising Sand (Rounder)
5. BIIRDIE – Catherine Avenue (Drive-Thru)
6. The GOLDEN DOGS – Big Eye Little Eye (Yep Roc)
7. MAGNET – The Simple Life (Filter)
8. JOHN RALSTON – Sorry Vampire (Vagrant)
Is the art designer here the same guy who did the cover for Hellogoodbye's "Zombies! Aliens! Vampires! Dinosaurs!" 'cause they look similar - and they're both cool.
9. OS MUTANTES – Live (Luaka Bop)
10. CIRCA SURVIVE – On Letting Go (Equal Vision Records)
11. DROPKICK MURPHYS – The Meanest of Times (Born & Bred Records)
I went to a wedding this past summer, and the bride and groom walked out of the service to the sound of Dropkick Murphys, who also got lots of airplay at the reception. Cool.
12. The DIMES – The Silent Generation (Pet Marmoset Records)
13. SHAGGY – Intoxication (Big Yard/VP Records)
Out November 13th.
14. RUTHIE FOSTER – The Phenomenal Ruthie Foster (Blue Corn Music)
15. The YARROWS – Plum (Empyrean Records)
16. JOHNETTE NAPOLITANO – Scarred (Hybrid Recordings)
Includes cool cover of Coldplay's "The Scientist."
17. VHS OR BETA – Bring Out the Comets (Astralwerks)
18. The GOURDS – Noble Creatures (Yep Roc)
19. SUZY BOGGUSS – Sweet Danger (Loyal Dutchess Records)
20. DEAD ROCK WEST – Honey and Salt (Populuxe Records)

YTD O/CD Total: 791

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jeeez you can FIOS... I can only get Comcastic... It's Bombastic. That's what happens when you live on the end of civilization. I was just about to remove my links to your site when it appeared to disappear. I also lost my comcast pages but since as a seasoned computer professional I have redundant systems for anything I do. This stuff is the voodoo I tells ya. I now use Google for the web, photos, mail and the BLOG... FIOS is the future, But before you speed away on FIOS Check to see if Verizon rolled over for the homeland security police. I think they did....