Sunday, May 06, 2012

Having a fun. Weekend

This is Nate Ruess, lead singer of fun. (The band's name, BTW, is not specifically intended to drive copy editors crazy, with its lowercase beginning and unnecessary punctuation. I read just today that it's that way to differentiate them from a Swedish metal band.)

The band played a triumphant set at The 9:30 Club on Friday, the second of two sold-out nights, coming about two and a half years after I saw them play the much smaller Jammin Java. (You can see pics and a set list from the J2 show here, she said, shamelessly plugging her other web site.) A longer discussion of the show, along with more pics, will go up at my examiner Concert Photography column tomorrow (if I'm good), but I just wanted to let you CPF pals know that I'm not dead.


No comments: