Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Marky Ramone, Pasta Sauce King? Who knew?

I'm interrupting my usually (ir)regularly scheduled blogging to bring you this little news item, which I just discovered in my emails. Sorry I didn't get this out to my L.A.-based friends before the Big Event.
(I'm only about half as sarcastic as I sound. I think it's cool that Marky's a foodie. Oh, and note the typo in the dateline.)

HOLYWOOD, CA (July 5, 2011) - Whole Foods Market is excited to host Marky Ramone, drummer for the Ramones, for an in-store tasting event of his new, award-winning pasta sauce, and live musical appearance. His pasta sauce is exclusively available at the Whole Foods Market West Hollywood and Fairfax locations. Marky will be signing jars of his pasta sauce and some souvenir drum sticks. Ten percent of net proceeds from the sale of the pasta sauce from these events will benefit Autism Speaks. At the West Hollywood store, there will also be a BBQ with all proceeds benefitting Autism Speaks, who will be here to share what awesome things they do. We will also have several fun vendors here to make this a family affair. Of course…there will be free tasting of this most delicious sauce at both locations!

Marky Ramone, a legend in the punk-rock scene, was inducted into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame (2002), and just this year, he received a Lifetime Achievement Award from the Grammy’s for his musical achievements.

No comments: