Wednesday, June 09, 2010

7,000 words (in pics) plus mp3s from Morningbell

 One of the great things about this job/hobby (I can never tell but my accountant, if I had one, would say it's the latter) is that people send me free music I might never have heard otherwise. Morningbell's "Sincerely, Severely" came in as a digital download from a publicist I've dealt with for many years. He was looking for some press and I said I'd give a listen. And I loved the album - varied, smart, well-played and produced and hooky as hell.  (BTW, it's marked "explicit" but there's only a few naughty words)

So, I went off to the show Monday night at the tiny (a full house is about 30 people) Galaxy Club and was impressed yet again. The band travels with its own "$100 Light Show" that made for fun picture taking, too.  I'm free to share two mp3's -"Hello, Dali" and "Marching Off To War."
I'm going to do an email interview sometime next week with frontman Travis Atria for a short examiner.com feature, so check back later for more. I obviously still don't know quite how to get this new Blogger picture/word interface working...

No comments: