Thursday, December 11, 2008

CPF Wishes You a (Belated) Cool Yule

Hey there, CPFs.

I've been on Santa's naughty list, not doing the blog thing in a long time. Thankfully, he cut me some slack, and I had a great holiday, full of fun and nifty gifties.

As for the blog, I'm rethinking it and making plans to start the New Year with a change in format. (Feel free to let me know what you enjoy most and/or need less of.) Details as they develop, film at 11.

This year's Cool Yule compilation was finished about 4 pm on Christmas Eve, right after I filed my last Post stories for this year (actually, the stories will appear in the January 1st regional editions, so they are both the last stories of 2008 and the first of 2009). Anyway, so here's this year's Cool Yule deal...

Rather than distribute discs, I'm going the digital delivery route (and even so, I'm late!). The songs have been posted on my MobileMe site (another Apple perk) and can be downloaded by any and all who know the URL and password. So, send a comment, give me your email eddress and I will let you know how to grab it.

And in the further spirit of giving, with immediate gratification, here's a nice song, called "Rabbit Ears", by the band Pompeii, courtesy of the band's label, Eyeball Records.

A little background: Pompeii's sophomore release, "Nothing Happens for a Reason," was released in October 2008 and produced by CJ Eiriksson (Jack's Mannequin).

One of the ingredients of the new CPF Blog will be more free music!

So, that's all for now.
Happy, Happy, Merry, Merry.

see you again before 2009.

No comments: