Thursday, March 29, 2007

"The Evening Was Purely Orgasmic"

A publicist sent out this posting from a blog...
He's promoting the upcoming release from a former member of Savage Garden, an act referred to in my home as the Koala Boys, since their music had as much edge as a marshmallow.

"The concert was amazing! Darren has a way of interacting with the audience that makes you feel like you are his best friend; he shares the most intimate, energetic, blissful, and painful experiences of his life through his music. His first single to be released Step Into the Light features the lyric "I've never been in love before" which paves they way into the emotional and personal journey of his new album. His dance singles are incredible, one in which he mixes Rock me Amadeus -- a excellent throwback into the 80's synth revolution. But perhaps my favorite was How to Build a Time Machine -- the title alone gives me tingles. Words, another track from his new album, ripped my heart out in a way that only he could. But the absolute best was Me Myself and I which, let me tell you, has to be played in every dance club come the release in August. One of my favorite moments was when Darren was speaking to the audience and accidentally introduced the wrong song. "Forgive me, I don't have my glasses on. I have glasses now ... and I'm gay." This is met by thunderous applause, followed by "Yes, I look quite nice in glasses." The evening was purely orgasmic, followed by Vicki and I meeting Darren. He was sooooo sweet and his husband Richard is adorable. Let me tell you, this album is going to be Insatiable. And can I just brag once more, I hugged Darren Hayes tonight!!!! :)"

No comments: