Saturday, January 01, 2005

And here we go....

Not unlike many (thousands of?) other people in the word facing a new year, it seemed to me a good time to get going on this New Type of Publishing Adventure (I'll try to avoid lots of cute Winnie-The-Pooh style capitalizations) (But I love paranthetical statements, so you have little hope of avoiding them).

Anyhoo, since I'm too technically inept to regularly update my website (www.closepersonalfriend.com), blogging's the best way to get my news, views and reviews out to the Big World (sorry) ASAP.

What can you expect? Mostly ruminations on the musical world. I write about music for the Washington Post (currently) and have done so in the past for the likes of Rolling Stone, CDnow, e!online and various publications. (Check the CPF archives for samples and a resume.) I've also written for TV and radio - and the shows have actually been aired. Not so yet for my screenplay work. It's a quest.

I'm also opinionated about a lot of other things, especially the politcal morass that America is in. I loathe Bush. I've said it and I stand by it, but I'm not going to engage in pissing matches with the other side, so please refrain from writing to engage in such. Dittohead types, you have plenty of other places to vent your spleen so go there. (Maybe that venting will let some clean air in to open your mind and freshen your heart. One can only hope.) So, besides linking to my reviews and music writing, there will be lots of links to Bush-bashing sites and fellow Blue State thinking.

Soon come....In the next few days I need to submit my year-end Top Ten to the annual Village Voice Pazz and Jop Critics Poll (their capitalizations), so that will appear here, too, and give you an idea of what rocks my socks. I attended the big CMJ music festival in New York City (I was born and raised there and love it dearly still) in October '04 and wrote a summary of same for the British magazine Dazed and Confused, so that will be archived here as well.

Along with anything else that crosses my mind. 'Cause that's the point, eh? (not Canadian, but considered moving there after the election)

okay then. Happy new year and thanks for visiting with your new Close Personal Friend.

No comments: